1. He’s learned to genuinely delight in watching The Bachelorette with you because Chris Harrison + wine + the smile on your face every time some guy eats an egg white = the only way he’d want to spend a Monday.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
2. Your idea of date night involves lighting a Yankee candle as he watches you bottle breast milk, and that’s fine with you — it doesn’t matter what you’re doing as long as you’re together.
3. He’s the first person to “like” every new thing you post on Facebook and Instagram, even though he doesn’t necessarily care about your #currentmood.
4. When you say you had too much cheese, he knows that’s code for turning the TV up so he can’t hear you poop. Hey, even after all these years, he still values your privacy.
5. His morning breath and post-gym man stench truly don’t bother you, which, according to a smelly study, is proof that you’re so connected your body chemistries have actually aligned.
6. He lets you complain and doesn’t judge you for saying ugly things on occasion because he knows that sometimes you just need to vent about a nasty mom and her dumb Baby Buggy. He’d do anything to take away your frustrations, which means pretending you’re not being petty.
7. When you send him a Snap using the granny filter, instead of being horrified, he gets a funny glint in his eye that says that he can’t wait to grow old with you.
8. After he uses your shared electric toothbrush, he always swaps out the heads before it’s your turn to brush. It’s his subtle way of reminding you that he always has your back. And probably some of your teeth grime.
9. He plans special dinners around your cycle because he knows you get too nauseous to enjoy fancy fare when it’s that time of the month.
10. He helps you pluck that stray gray hair between touch-ups — not like he thinks you should defy aging — he’d love you with any shade — but he knows how much those pesky strands irk you.
11. Your tiffs about what to watch on Netflix get so drawn out you could have screened an entire episode of OITNB in the time it took you to deliberate, and once you finally settle on something, you fall asleep… in each other’s arms, because you make your own #couplegoals.
12. You can sob to him about anything — hanger, your unfortunate lob, yet another embarrassing scene your threenager caused at Whole Foods — and he always knows the right thing to ask: red or white?
13. He lets you use his razor, without complaining about you dulling his expensive blades.
14. You can survive a long road trip to visit his weirdo extended family without wanting to kill each other. It helps that he always knows to save the last bits of Chex Mix for you.
15. Even when you’re covered in smashed pea and baby, well, pee, he still looks at you the same way he did on your wedding day.